Planning the US Intervention
- Call an addiction treatment professional.
- Make a list of all the key people involved. There are around 300 million people, so this part could take a while.
- Meet with the addiction treatment professional to discuss the situation. Decade-long addiction to reckless spending and wars and stealing from the bank account to fund the addiction.
- Make a list of the difficulties in seeking help. Mostly apathy and cynicism.
- Plan the actual intervention, rehearsing what each person in the group will say to the addict. “Please stop spending money we don’t have; we are broke and you are killing us.”
- Schedule the actual intervention at a time when the addicted person will be available and hopefully sober. We can get a lot of people together…but the sober part just ain’t gonna happen.
- Confront the addict in a loving but honest manner, letting him know that the addiction is effecting more than just them. “You are making us poor and future generations poor. If you care about us at all, please just stop.” (Burst into uncontrollable tears.)
Sometimes interventions backfire….so everyone come armed just in case.