On You Can’t do That on Television, slime was poured whenever someone said, “I don’t know.”
Politicians have no qualms about modifying citizens’ behavior, so it would only be fair to treat them likewise. There should be a political talk show along these same lines as YCDTOTV, but with these rules for when the slime flows:
- Accuse opponents of being hypocrites.
- Ignores questions to repeat the same talking points they’ve already spouted.
- Make appeals to popularity.
- Villainize those with differing opinions.
- Preach about being a better parent, citizen, student, or spouse.
Saying, “I don’t know” would be perfectly safe on the show, because it’s refreshing when politicians admit they don’t have an answer for everything.